Saturday, August 30, 2008

B-Fit B-Day Challenge


Several months ago I learned about the Birthday Challenge. I thought it was pretty cool. I don't know how many people really do it. Frankly, I don't really care. The important thing is I was going to do it. Actually, this was my birthday present to Tri-Rich. The idea is that you swim the number of miles in your first number (4). I think the original idea has you swim your first number * 1000 yards. So that would be 4000 yards. Well, that is pretty weak. So what did we swim? 4 FREAKIN MILES, BABY! Have I ever done that? Yeah, right. That's a long way. To keep track we brought a small white board to make marks for every 10 laps. The first couple of miles wasn't too bad, but by 3 miles, my shoulders were starting to ache. 4 miles later (132 laps) we jumped out of the pool. 1 down 2 more to go. Next was the run. Lucky for us we only had to run 1 measly mile. Easy. With Olivia riding her bike and being our pace setter, we ran around the neighborhood for less than 8 minutes. Last but not least, we had 41 miles on the bike. Normally, this would have been a piece of cake. But 41 miles later, we were done. We both were tired and ready to call it a day. I'm not sure if it was the heat, or what but 41 miles was tough. We didn't even really hit many hills. Oh well. We did it....and I can't wait to do it again in 4 more months.

No comments: