Monday, September 01, 2008

Best of Times in Bear Lake

I can't believe my sister, Krat, beat me to the blogging. I would recommend reading her report and also looking for something on Andersonian soon. I'm having trouble uploading pictures so I'll write now and post my favorite pictures as soon as I can.

First off, my two sisters Jen and Kath (or is it Kath and Jen) planned for a fun weekend up at Bear Lake. We were all going to stay in a cabin close to the lake. It's too bad that Sharon P and Wolf were in Germany because they really missed out on a great family experience. After school (and after Tri-Rich and I finished the B-Fit B-Day Challenge) the kids and I packed up the TL. An SUV the TL is NOT but we got everything in that we needed and headed out. JJ was super excited because I let him drive for the first part. He got to drive on I-215 and also I-80. The kids were excited to see their cousins and to have a mini-vacation.

We rolled into Garden City not too late and everyone was still up waiting for us to get there. The cabin was plenty big for all of us (5 adults, 4 teenagers, and 5 younger ones).


The morning of the first day we started out with a bit huge breakfast of pancakes, sausage, eggs, juice, yogurt, and course oatmeal for me. The day was gorgeous and we went to the lake. The lake temperature was around 66 degrees. We had a nice spot on the beach and drove our cars right out on the sand. We thought that was a great idea until the mob came and boxed us in. By mid-day there were tons of people, cars, waverunners, and such all having a great time. BA in an effort to run back to the cabin to watch his Utes pound on Michigan got stuck trying to get out. We had to borrow a shovel and with the help of a dozen or so people we were able to push him out. Krat got a pic and put it on her blog. I think for a few minutes, BA was thinking that he wasn't going to get home to see the game.
We had a great time at the lake. We had little raft boats and floaties. Of course the kids made sand castles and buried themselves in the sand. Adrian and Terrell (I mean Matt and Jake) played football for a good portion of the day.

I had a great time playing with my kids and nieces/nephews, talking to my sisters, and also reading. I picked up this book this week. Pretty good stuff. We decided to leave my car and come back later after everyone had left. Good choice.

Time for dinner. Again, it was tons of fun all being in the cabin. Lots of noise, TONS of food, and great memories. We had tacos and everyone was super hungry. After dinner it was time for shakes. On thing that Bear Lake is famous for is their fresh raspberry shakes. Yum Yum!


I think I'll end this post and continue with another one. How could any day that ends in yummy shakes not be the best day?

No comments: