Friday, September 12, 2008

Never Forget



Shortly after 9/11 the citizens of Sandy organized the Nation's first Healing Field. Since then, more than 200+ other healing fields have been created around our Nation. If you have a minute, I would highly recommend reading Paul's letter of how this all got started. You can also learn about the new Pentagon Healing Field which is adjacent to the new Pentagon Memorial. My children (missing JJ and adding Blaze) learned about Ellis Island, took a mini immigration test, and then the Immigration Oath. I thought it was very cool. Just like Memorial Day I believe it is important to teach our children. Do I remember? Yes. I was in Denver preparing for a groundwater conference. I turned on the TV just after the first plane crashed and witnessed the second crash. It was difficult being away from my family. This event has changed us all. On our soil we were attacked. We must be diligent in preventing this from ever happening again. Enjoy the pictures.







2 comments:

Lydia said...

What a cool place. It look amazing with all the flags.

Diana and Fam said...

I think it is neat that your kids share and understand what went on and the importance of it all. I plan on making sure my kids understand what happened and the effects of it. I love the pictures!