Saturday, December 27, 2008

Let's start bakin'

So this year we got Olive's cousin, Becca, an Easy Bake for Christmas. I don't think Olive knew much about it beforehand but afterwards, we was hoping and praying that Santa (or Daddy) would bring her one. I could I disappoint. I remember when I was young, my sister, Jenny Lou had one and once in a while would back me yummy goodies (or maybe I was just dreaming).


First step was to wash all of the items with soap and water. Don't forget to put on the apron.

Next it was time to mix the water in the cake mix. Tonights dessert was yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

Then is was time to put the cake in the oven for 12 minutes. Look at the concentration and skill.


The finished product. Olive ate the entire cake herself and then called her cousin to tell her about it. I'm sure this will be the first of many treats to come in the Davis household.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love the days of easy bake ovens. I felt so grown up making my own desserts and they were yummy! I am sure Olivia will share next time and the next and the next.