Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Stadium of Fire




Okay, after putting the little montage together last week, I finally have a few moments to post a bit about SofF. I think this is the maybe the second time I've been and maybe the first time Olive has been. If you live in Utah and you have a daughter then unless you live under a rock you were well aware that Miley Cyrus was the main attraction to this year's event. I was able to get tickets and surprised the kids. They were sad to leave their cousins but were happy once they found out where they were going. JJ was excited to hear Glenn Beck and we were also excited to see Blue Man Group. To my surprise, my favorite part was the dancing by the 1300+ girls from 3 difference states. I really liked that part. So what about Miley? Well, I'd have to say that it was somewhat of a disappointment. The biggest reason was because the sound simply sucked. You couldn't hear her. But that doesn't matter really. Watching Olivia in awe of seeing "Hanna Montana" live and in concert and singing along was worth the ticket of admission. Of course the firework display is one of the best (if not the best) in the country. They do NOT disappoint (ever). If you like fireworks, this is the show. Well, there you have it. Long day for sure. Freedom race, followed by the parade, then on to the Andersons, and finally the Stadium of Fire. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Sean Ryan said...

That is one of the greatest days of the year for my kids. They all missed not being there this year with the cousins. Next year.