Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Can you do this?

This week I thought I'd try something. If you're like me (maybe you're not) you have a bazillion things on your mind. Each morning, before I get out of bed, I lie on my back, get comfortable and meditate for a few minutes. Here's the catch. Try not to move at all. Count to 100 in your mind one for each time you exhale. And mostly importantly, try to focus on a place where you would really like to be. The first couple of times, I pictured myself in a mountain meadow, with lots of mountain flowers. I seem to do better picturing myself on a beautiful, warm beach. It is difficult for me to "keep" myself there at my relaxing place. About a half of dozen times, I find my mind wondering to something else. Sometimes I even forget what number I'm on. But it is getting easier. I think it is a good thing. I'm going to keep doing it. Try it. It's hard. Can you free your mind?

No comments: