Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Shall the Youth of Zion Falter...


On Friday night, I wanted to attend the Copenhagen Temple. I found out, however, that they have no clothing rental so my choices were limited. I decided to go and do baptisms. I was supposed to be there by 7:00 and of course I was running late. It was lightly raining but in order to make it on time (or shortly thereafter) I had to run most of the way. By the time I arrived, I was completely drenched. Not because of the rain, but because I was sweating. I changed and sat next to a youth group from the western side of Denmark. It was really enjoyable. Being in the temple (no matter where in the world it is) gives such a peaceful and calm reassurance (at least for me). And I definitely needed some of that. All of it was in Danish and as hard as I tried, I just couldn't make out the words. After being baptized they asked me if I would like to do some of the baptizing. I did it in English of course even though I could have done it in Spanish. What was funny is that most of the names were from Chili (with a few from Italy). Afterwards, I met with the youth group outside the temple and got to talk to them. They live a few hours away but only get to come to the temple about every six months. Many of the youth in our neighborhood go at least once a week. Afterwards, I am more committed to go with my boys at least a couple of times a month. We need to go more often and soon they will be gone. What a great way to spend my Friday night.

No comments: