Sunday, September 23, 2007

Church and the Baxters


Okay, before I write out this weekend, I must talk about LAST Sunday. So on Saturday, I was feeling pretty darn lonely. Missing my family, tired of being alone. I was determined to go to church the next day. I set out on Saturday afternoon to find where the meeting house was. I was using the handy Danish LDS site I had a map and address. After looking for a couple of hours I gave up, went back to the hotel and called the missionaries. They explained that the church was INSIDE the train station. So on Sunday morning, I showed up. No tie, but in more or less Sunday attire. The Saints in Ballerup are just great. I had someone by my side (or behind me) translating the entire time. The Baxters spoke in Sacrament meeting and told me just what I needed to hear. Sunday School was good, and Priesthood was all about marriage I even got to play in Priesthood as they didn't have anyone to do it. Thanks, Mom! I had a few families invite me over for dinner after church. I ended up going to the Baxters (3 teenage boys and 1 teenage girl). We had a wonderful dinner of pork, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and a yummy dessert with ice cream and berries. After dinner we walked around the small neighborhood. They showed me their garden, and we watched a Pink Panther movie on their living room wall. Of course I slept through most of it. It was VERY nice to be in a home and I really thank the Baxters for their love and hospitality.

No comments: