Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lysekil and Grundsund

So I got up BUTT early (if there is such a thing) to head up to Göteborg. It has been a few years since I was here and I was really looking forward to going back. This time I took a train (crossing the Oreund Bridge). I was going to Göteborg to do some work with a good friend of mine, Par Sander. Anyhow, I arrived early so that we may have a chance to go boating in the Archipelago. These are thousands of small islands that surround the coasts of Sweden. We traveled for an hour or so up to the town of Lysekil. This is where Agneta's mother lives. Sadly, it was way too windy to venture out but we still had a wonderful time. We had a wonderful lunch of breads, meats, and cheeses, and walked down to the harbor and checked out the boat. We decided to empty much of the supplies on the boat and carry them back to the summer home for the winter season. The Sanders will move the boat another weekend. Afterwards, we went to another small fishing town called Grundsund to celebrate Par's birthday. We ate a marvelous restaurant right on the water. Great food, beautiful sunset and wonderful friends.

No comments: