Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's in the shoes, man!


I knew that I had WAY too many miles on my current running shoes. For 4 years now I had been wearing the Asics Kayanos. I like them. I REALLY like them. Although they aren't the lightest shoe out there. They ARE comfortable. For a few months now I had been eyeing the new running shoes from UA. If you know me, you know that I'm pretty much a walking, sweating billboard for UA. I love their apparel. I was really excited about their shoes. But.....
I had some free time this afternoon so I did what I could to help the local economy by visiting the nearby 26.2 Running store. They video taped and tested me to see where I was and what I should be looking at. That was cool. If you haven't done it before I suggest you make your way to a good running store and check it out. I tried on a number of shoes and ran on their treadmill. I had narrowed it down to the new Kayanos and a pair of Saucony shoes. In the end, I went with the Asics. How could I go wrong? They are comfortable and I like them. I got the white/brass/black ones even though I would have preferred white/onyx/flame color but like I said, I'm doing my part for local stimulus. The folks there were great. I love good customer service. So what about the UA shoes? Well, I'm going to let someone ELSE try them out. I don't have time. I can't afford that at this point in time. I have Oceanside in less than 7 weeks, followed by the Ogden Marathon in May, and the Ironman CdA in June. I'm happy. I like these shoes. On a side note, I also picked up a pair of these for actual race day. They are last year's model, red in color and best of all, on sale! I'll let you know how those work out.

No comments: