Thursday, June 07, 2007

Yu-go-to-slavia

Nine years ago I came to Belgrade. It was a wonderful experience and I made friends from a number of countries with whom I still keep in contact with. When I first came here Jake was only 3 years old! That is amazing. Anyhow, the boys thought Yugoslavia was pronounced "you-go-to-slavia". It has been very fun to be back here and visit with people and see places that I haven't seen for such a long time. Shortly after I was here the first time, was when the NATO bombings of the country started. Their purpose was to oust the leader Slobodan Milosevic. I remember what a hard time I had during the bombings because of the many friends that I had here. Luckily no one I knew died or got hurt or lost any loved ones. Now, I'm hear again, nine years later working on a project to help clean up part of the mess what we caused. Lovely. More to follow!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Kewl! So, your starting your 2nd world tour eh? Maybe I can tag along on one of these 'reunion' trips this time. New Zealand would be nice ;)

Have a safe trip.