Sunday, March 19, 2006

Multitasking kids

As I sit here checking e-mail, reading my subscribed blogs, and checking the latest news, I ran across this article about the generation of kids that we are raising. I was just going to include the article but what good does it do unless I add my personal two cents worth. Life just seems to go faster and faster. We all seem to get caught up in this multitasking environment. I would say that I'm just as guilty as the children that I'm raising. I always have to have the TV on, my computer on, my iPod on. Geez, what a geek I am. I remember just a few years ago telling my wife how cool the interent and e-mail was. "PULEESE", she would say. But she surfs and checks e-mail just like the rest of us (okay, maybe not 24/7 like me). So, what do I do for my kids? I spend as much time as possible with them. I talk to them all the time. I take an interest in everything they do. I give them computer time but I limit their time. I spend time with them. Tonight we watched The RM. Yes we've seen it many, many times but we enjoy watching it together. We played Skip-bo. The kids are really into that game these days. The boys had fun playing a few rounds of chess with the chess set I brought back from Korea. I certainly have no intention of giving up my phone, iPod, laptop, and other gadgets but I also have no intention of becoming any less a part of my children's lives. Well, enough of the going on. Night-night

No comments: