Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's all in Auckland......Bananas

Well, I'll write more about Auckland later (hopefully). I had pretty much finished up doing some work/checking e-mail and I decided to venture out looking for bananas. I find if I'm biking/running/swimming every day, a couple of bananas each day keeps the muscles feeling well. So I went up the street to the gas station I went to the other night looking for juice and water. No bananas. So I kept walking. I eventually found some and bought three. I just ate one and it was actually pretty nasty. I wish I would have waited since I found much better ones at the next store I went to. Oh well. Who wants to waste $2.40. Anyhow, the walk back was just down and out strange. A couple of two very tall transvestites came in the store as I was leaving. I don't know why but they really gave me the creeps. There were tons of young Oriental people out on the streets. A number of Karaoke joints. a few bars, a few seedy dance places, and of course a number or Turkish fast food places. My favorite place I came across was "The White House". It was a really nice place with a US flag on top. I wasn't quite sure what it was but I didn't venture in. Was it a hotel? What? So when I came back to my room I just did a Google search. This is what I discovered: The White House Yikes!!!! Well so much for wondering about the city. You know what they say, "The Holy Ghost goes to bed at midnight (or in my case 11:30).

On a more positive note, I had a great chat with the guy in the booth next to me this afternoon about geneology and the Church. I look forward to talked to him again tomorrow. I gave him the LDS.ORG link and told him that he could find out about the PAF program and where a local church here in Auckland where he could do some family history work. He has seen the New Zealand temple in Hamiton. Cool!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Dude! Maybe you should find another part of the city to stay and walk around in!

Norm said...

I am not sure what is behind that link, but the BYU filter will not let it through. I am now waiting for the call from the honor code office. Thanks, buddy.