Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm in Hell........no, it's just Sydney

Well, what a day. I was sitting on the plane from Brisbane to LA minding my own business for several hours and I thought I'd get up and stretch my legs and go potty. While in the lavoratory I heard the announcement that did NOT make me happy. One of our engines had some trouble and so they had to shut it down. They had no alternative but to turn around and return to Australia. We were just shy of being half way. Why we couldn't go to Hawaii, I don't know but we turned around and came back to Sydney. What a disappointment. So I've been traveling ALL day long and I didn't go anywhere. How's that for fun. After going through customs and immigration and all that crap, and waiting to get our luggage, then waiting to get on a bus, I'm now sitting in an airport hotel. I ordered room service and ate my fish and chips. Now I need to call the wife before trying to get some shuteye. So all of you "jealous" folks out there can be thankful that you are home with your wife and children instead of in Hell (I mean Sydney).

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Hmmm, Utah 40 degrees. Sydney, Australia any degree. Hmmm, hmmm the scales are tipppppping towards...

No, I understand being away from family. Not as much as you of course but being with family is always preferable to just about anything. Come home soon!

Mike said...

Hmm... on a plane from Australia when engine trouble strikes. Lucky you're not LOST