Thursday, November 17, 2005

Back in Brisbane

This week I went back to Brisbane to do some work with a local engineering firm. Alan from the lab along with several of his students came over to learn about a surface water model and to give a bunch of presentations on stuff that they have worked on. One of my employees, Steve, came with them. He and I have been running and swimming in the mornings. Really not much else to tell. On Wednesday there was a big protest here in Australia. The government has recently passed some laws that are perceived as being anti union. So all of these blue collared people were gathering to protest. My running/swimming area was flooded by thousands of these people. It was interesting to see and then read about in the local media. I had dinner last night with the WBM folks at a decent restaurant. I had the BEST dumplings desert. We also went upstairs to watch the penalty kicks for the Australia vs Uruguay futbol match. The winner qualified for the World Cup in Germany next year. It was a great finish and Australia won. Unless, something else exciting happens that is about all I will write from Oz. Tonight I’m going to John’s house for dinner. I was invited to go with the BYU guys out for a “barbie” but I declined. Cheers!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Jealous...jealous...jealous...

When are you going to hire me to carry your luggage? See, if you had, you wouldn't have had your bags lost!
Eh..EH...EHHHH???