Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ironman in a nutshell

Okay, before this all gets away from me (it has already been over a week) I need to take a few minutes to write and post a few pictures. I think I have generally talked to and shown pictures to most of the significant people in my life. If I have missed you then you probably not very significant (jk). Probably the first thing to start off is to say what an incredible experience it was. It wasn't a day after the event that I was already thinking about what was next.

Rich and I left Tuesday night driving half way from cold Utah to sunny California. We spent the night at the Paris hotel in Las Vegas. Nice room, nice hotel. Although we didn't get a shot of us leaving, this picture will have to do.


Before leaving Sin City, Tri-Rich had to take me to his favorite breakfast place, Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant. Mmm, Mmm, Good. Now there are 2 good things that came out of 1966. Stop on in next time you're there.

Breaking up the trip into 2 drives was a great idea because before I knew it we were pulling into Oceanside. Watching movies like Dan In Real Life and BTTF certainly helped as well.

Oceanside greeted us with open arms. Lots of sun, sand, and everything that comes with it


We decided to test out the run course and see how our legs and lungs would hold up. It felt SO good to run. I cannot tell you how good it felt. I was ready and I was loving it Can you tell?


Of course, after the run, I had to leave my mark in the sand


Tri-Rich was NOT happy at ALL about the temperature of the water. It was C-O-L-D. It's a good thing for wetsuits

After changing and eating a nice bowl of pasta we walked around the transition area and where the swim would start. There was a pretty strict rule that you couldn't get in any practice swims. Who would want to? Save it for race day. Just do it!


As our first day in Oceanside was ending, I found what I was looking for. The excitement was building

No comments: