Monday, January 23, 2006

Secundo dia en Seoul

Well, some interesting things to note about today. It started early because I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep. So I finally got up around 5. I did a bit or work before I turned on the TV. I didn't think I would find much but to my surprise the Steelers/Broncos game was on. Sweet! I watched most of the 2nd quarter. At halftime I went and had breakfast. It would have been nice to see the rest of the game but we had to go. From where we are staying the location where the course is is about 1/2 hour drive. But guess what? The car I was in had a TV in it so I got to watch the entire 4th quarter. Pretty cool.

The course went really well today. I really enjoy teaching and I had several people come up to me today and tell me how much they were enjoying the course. After the day's lectures we had a special dinner. There were a few "important" people lots of talk in Korean and lots of clapping. No clue what was said. Blah, blah, blah.

Then I was asked to stand and say a few words. Great! What in the heck was I going to say. Most of them had just spent the past 8 hours listening to me. I did have a couple of things to share:

1) my career/job allows me to work with some pretty smart (and cool) people all over this earth and I get quite a bit of satisfaction in working side by side with them.

2) my travels also allow me to work with many people all over this world. I have friends in so many countries and it is a great satisfaction to me to be able to spend time with them, to get to know them, to understand their culture, and help them with their water issues.

No comments: