Sunday, January 22, 2006

Kold in Korea

I've been in Korea for just over a day now. It is quite cold but at least I was smart enough to wear pants and bring a jacket. The new Seoul airport is nice but quite a ways from the city and it took about 2 hours by bus to get to where we are staying. I was supposed to come to Korea about 5 years ago but was not able to due to the arrival of Olivia Pilar. I'm here with my buddy, Prabhakar Clement. We have taught many classes together over the years. I got up this morning and went for a nice run. It was cold but I had a warm sweatshirt. We are staying at the faculty building on the campus of Seoul National University. My room is WAY too hot but it was nice after Clement and I ventured downtown this evening and froze our butts off. For lunch we went to this nice place and ate Kalbi. VERY tasty. My buddy, Norm, tells me that there's a good Korean place in Provo called Sam Hawk. I can't wait to try it out.

No comments: