Monday, January 28, 2008

A touching story

Okay, I MUST write a post soon about the passing of our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley last night. I will miss his wisdom, strength, love, humor. I read an article by Carole Mikita tonight. I just want to quote part of it. The story was about the passing of President Hinckley's long time friend, Norman Rothman. Apparently he's been in a coma for some time. Last night, while visiting her husband in the hospital, Annette Rothman learned of President Hinkley's passing.

"Then I leaned over to Norman and I said, 'Sweetheart, I have to tell you something. President Hinckley passed away at 7 o'clock tonight. Now you can go.' Tears came down his eyes, and he died within minutes," she said.

Annette says one thing Norman promised her was that he would never die before President Hinckley, and he kept his word.

No comments: