Sunday, April 16, 2006

Recent trips

So I've been a bit busy the past couple of weeks. Last week I was in Orlando teaching a class. I was able to spend time with a couple of clients on Monday. I also was able to dine at one of my favorite sushi bars, Amura. I highly recommend it. The course kept me busy but I was able to swim and bike (albeit a stationary one) each night.

After returning to Utah, I got to see Jake play in the last hockey tourney of the season. It was a big one with teams coming from California, Idaho, and Colorado. They did okay (going 0-2-2). I was glad I was there to see him play. At the same venue, there was a small triathlon that was being held. I think it was just a Sprint one but it did get me excited.

This week I spent a couple of days in Reno working with my good friends Davd and Dave Jr. Carlson. They have a small engineering company, Aqua Hydrogeologic Consulting. I have known and worked with them for several years now. They have me stay at their home and we work in a nice office upstairs.

The rest of the week I was back home working with the Bureau of Reclamation down in Provo. I did stop by to show NLJ the new commuter car.

So, here is the best comment I heard at the airport this time. After checking in you must take your tagged luggage over to the TSA folks for further screening. Here is the conversation I overheard:

TSA guy: "Sir, is your bag unlocked?"
Clueless guy: "Huh?"
TSA guy: "Is your bag unlocked?"
Clueless guy: "What do you mean?"
TSA guy: "Is your bag unlocked?"
Clueless guy: Blank stare.

1 comment:

Sean Ryan said...

I love the clueless guy routine. It makes me laugh where ever I run into him. At stores, at the airport, in my house. I have a hard time not laughing out loud at him.