Thursday, October 27, 2005

No New Orleans

After the damage of Katrina, we had to move our GMS advanced course somewhere else. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be taking my wife to all of my favorite eating establishments in NO. I don't know of a better place for good food and good music. I decided to have the class near our office. That was nice since I would be traveling quite a bit over the next several weeks. It is always good to see friends come back for additional training and help. One of these friends is my friend Alan from Pennsylvania. He brought his wife out to Utah for the first time. After the course, Marcella and I had the pleasure of taking the two of them downtown SLC. We walked around Temple Square and the visitors centers. The tabernacle is under construction right now but they loved the Christus statue.

The highlight of the evening was taking a tour of the LDS conference center. What a marvelous building. One of (if not the largest auditorium) in the US. Although I've been in the building several times I've never taken a tour. What a treat. What an opportunity for Marcella and I to share the gospel with Alan and Leslie.

No comments: