Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lost my SMF

Okay, I am finally writing about my trip to Sacramento. Just a few months late but I was thinking about it the other day and I completely forgot about the highlight of the trip. First off, I went there to teach a bunch of regulators about groundwater modeling. The course was set up by a third-party organization. I knew that I was off on the wrong foot when I kept thinking the course was in Seattle. I was excited to go because a good friend of mine (at least I thought he was a good friend) lived just outside of Sactown (at least I thought it was just outside). The course went well. I had a nice lunch in Old Town sitting next to these two old ladies. I ate at this Japanese place a couple of times and it was scrumptious. I do NOT recommend staying in the downtown Holiday Inn Express. Although they had a decent gym and bananas and juice for breakfast, they did NOT have curtains over the windows so that it was light in my room ALL NIGHT LONG. Anyhow, a couple of nights I went to see my buddy, Sean Kelly who lives in Lodi. Lodi is in the freakin' middle of nowhere. I'm told that they now have an In-n-Out. It was good to see him and his family and I even brought my basketball gear and played one night at his Church. It was fun.

Okay, here is the most memorable part of the trip. On Saturday it was time to go to the airport. I start driving and I'm just about there when I start looking around for the terminal and car return place. There are very little cars around and I think it very strange. I then saw a plane fly over so I knew it must be close. I drove around the airstrip looking for the terminal. I would say after about 20 minutes or so, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I WAS AT THE WRONG AIRPORT!!!! I had driven to some freight type airport (UPS, DHL, etc). I had NO idea where the airport was? How was that possible???? Anyhow, I called my Skymiles rep and explained the small problem. She was based out of SLC and she quickly changed my flight to the next one out (luckily it was only about an hour and half later) and gave me directions to the airport. I just couldn't beleive that I had done that? I called my wife and explained that I'd be home a bit later. She just laughed.

Anyhow, hopefully the next time I'm in Sactown, I'll pay more attention to where I'm going.

No comments: