Thursday, September 15, 2005

Random Thoughts

Well, I've been thinking about a bunch of things that I should blog about. I get excited to write in the morning but then I get too busy and then it's late at night and I'm tired. I should write more but at least I'm writing.

These thoughts are not in any specific order.

Thought 1:
Since I went on my diet/exercise kick 7 months ago I have lost over 30 pounds. I need to post another picture showing the much slimmer/trimmer me. Oh, someday.

Thought 2:
I STILL need to blog about my Sacramento trip, Holland, and Hawaii. Dang! It's been so long I wonder if it's even worth it.

Thought 3:
My buddy, Norm, sent me this link the other day about some guy in Germany that powers his car using dead cats. So all week long while driving to work, every time I see a dead cat on the road I've thought, "Dang, gas is so expensive!" The German needs to come here because there are 4 or 5 cats on the way to work splattered on the road.

Thought 4:
So I'm thinking about these roadside cats-for-fuel thing and then I seem something which to me seems pretty strange. Near the onramp for the Alpine/Highland exit they have been doing lots of construction for the past several months. Most of it has been for the Cabelas that just opened up. Anyhow, as I was passing this big bulldozer the driver stepped out of the cab. It was a young, blonde, tight t-shirt wearing woman. I thought that was pretty strange. I bet she is pretty popular at work.

Thought 5:
This is really why I wanted to blog this morning. Since my lovely wife had been confined to the bed/couch (she calls me the prison warden btw), Olive and I have had good quality time this week traveling back and forth from Highland to South Jordan. She is such a sweetheart. Each
morning and afternoon we rock out to various songs on daddy's iPod. She can pick out the song usually within a note or two. It doesn't matter what it is, she loves to sing with daddy. We listen to Big & Rich, Enrique, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Everclear, LeAnn Rimes, you name it. What a treat. I tried to play some Billy Squier this morning. She didn't like it.

Well that's it. No more thoughts (except ones that involve my pillow)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

That was nice. I've been thinking about doing some kind of random thoughts lately as well. However, my random thoughts don't turn out as sweet and tender as yours do right now so I had better wait.