Sunday, September 25, 2005

Black Saturday

Well, last night Marcella and I were invited to celebrate the big 40 of Kevin Gregory Carter. All week long I thought about the many memories that we have shared over the years. I got to share a few of those stories. I remember that Kevin (and Darren) were two of the first kids I met when my family moved from Huntington Beach to Sandy. Over the next few years there were many fun (and maybe stupid) times shared with my Ida Lane friends. We LOVED playing with fire. We pretty much figured out what was flamable. One day after playing in Kevin's garage lighting everything we opened up the garage door and all of this smoke piled out. I told the story when I lit the field on fire behind our neighborhood while Kevin and Scott were trying to light a model rocket. I remember the countless times we would sleep over at Kevin's house and then go down to the Centre theater. We would clean the theater and then going exploring. We would spend the entire Saturday running around downtown SLC. I CANNOT imagine letting my kids do that. Then we would ride the UTA bus back to Sandy for a whopping 10 cents. Kevin loved Spyra Gyra and the Doobie Brothers. I found him a Best of CD at target and a box of matches. I went to Kevin's mom's funeral, I was there at his wedding (just a day or two before mine) and I'm glad that he's back here in Utah County. His son, KJ, and JJ go to the same junior high school. Last year Kevin decided to leave the corporate world to start Inspiricpics. Happy Birthday, friend.

No comments: