Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Orlando's Magic

Okay, finally I'm trying to catch up on some of these trips. I was home for just a few days before heading to Orlando for another GMS training course. Marcella and I decided several months ago that we would surprise the kids and take them to Florida. Olivia hadn't been to Disneyland and she kept asking us when she would get to go. JJ was really funning because about a week before we went his girlfriend (Stephanie) was taken out of school to go to California. JJ insisted that there is "No Way" he could do this. Well, Marcella packed their bags and picked them up from school and went to the airport. I was already in Orlando. They all were so shocked and surprised. While I was finishing up the training course, Marcella and the kids spent several days at Disney World. I went on day spending the morning in Animal Kingdom and the afternoon and evening in the Magic Kingdom. It was really a treat to be with Olivia. A good time was had by all. We spent one day at Cocoa Beach where Olivia wondered off (under Dad's great supervision) and was missing for about 1/2 hour. We ended up finding her about 1/2 mile down the beach.

We spent one day at the Kennedy Space Center. That was a real treat (mostly for the boys). We got to see Discovery out on LP39A. This was just days before the first attempted launch. There were many cool things to see at KSC and I know understand the significance of why it is named after Kennedy.

I'm so glad that one of the benefits of me traveling so much is that I can give my family experiences such as this one. We had a great time (even JJ although he missed 5 days of precious school).

No comments: