Friday, December 28, 2007

My Canadian friend


I was trying to figure out but I think Derek was the first Canadian that I met and became friends with. The Hollingsworths lived above us when we lived at Wymount. He was (and still is) a very funny guy. He's now a doctor and lives back in Canada. He and his family were in town last week for their oldest daughter's (Kelsey) wedding. Clark, Sandy, and I met them over at Maggleby's for dinner. It was really cool to see them. A couple of memories that I have a Derek: sleeping on his balcony on a mattress in the summertime, his alarm clock that would always go off and piss of the neighbors, and watching him the first time skating on rollerblades. I can't help but think he was part of my inspiration to learn how to skate and play hockey.

No comments: