Thursday, October 05, 2006

Waxing in San Diego

I'm in San Diego this week teaching a class. Quite a bit different from Europe. Marcella would move here in a heartbeat. One of my favorite beaches, Pacific Beach, is here. So is the Gaslamp Quarter. Great food for blocks on end. Anyhow, I thought that I would have a few minutes (or hours) to catch up on some of my posting. It just hasn't happened (yet). Maybe it still will. Anyhow, a few things I've been thinking about that I thought I'd write down. I read an interesting article this morning in USA Today about the increase of lawsuits regarding what is and who is posting on various blogs throughout the world. 150,000 new blogs are created each day. There are over 1.6 million daily postings. That is amazing. I guess I'll keep blogging.

I saw an interesting movie last night. My Life starring Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. Bob (Michael) is a terminally ill man who prepares for his death. The tagline? "Every moment counts". Makes you think. What if I was terminally ill? What would I do? Anything different? Would I act any differently? Would I be angry? Sad? How would I treat my friends? My family? My self? I hope and pray I never have to find out. I just want to live for many, many more years.

I'm reading a new book: Love Is the Killer App by Tim Sanders. Pretty interesting book. I'll try and put some of this into practice. Maybe I can become a "lovecat". Maybe I'm ALREADY a "lovecat".

No comments: