Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Take a walk on the wild side........STUPID!!!!

Okay, I've been putting this little story off for a few weeks now but I have a few minutes and so I think I'll tell the tale. As my last post indicated, I was doing some work in Panama City and on my last day I had a chance to go to St. Andrews State Park. My main interested was to go to the beach (since it had rained continously). Before getting to the beach I stopped at this place called "Gator Lake" I thought, "this ought to be cool. Maybe I'll see an alligator". I saw this sign that made me nervous (see next post). But what came next simply amazed me. A couple of local family arrived and asked me if I had seen any "gators". Nope. Afterwhich they left on the walking trail in seach of them. Crazy? I thought so. Maybe I'm just a whimp from the West but I thought it pretty strange that there would be a sign warning of the dangers of alligators and then the next sign shows the map of the walking trail around the lake.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

So, did you see a gator or not?